Answered By: Marta Ambroziak Last Updated: Aug 21, 2017 Views: 313
In order to obtain articles that the library does not own, you must place your request through ILLiad, an electronic system used for Interlibrary Loan services. There is no charge for this service.
If you are a new user, please register for an ILLiad account. Make sure you have an active library barcode before registering. On the main ILLiad login page, under Username and Password fields, click the New Users link.
You will be linked to a page to read the First Time User Registration for Interlibrary Loan information. Once finished, click the First Time Users Click here button.
Fill out the New User Registration for ILLiad form with the following information:
- First name
- Last Name
- Barcode #
- Email Address
- Daytime Phone number
- Status (Faculty, Employee, Student, Resident, Fellow (Clinical or Research)
- Create a username and password
- Click Submit Information button
You will then be prompted to add Account Information for method of payment. There is no charge unless you wish a RUSH order. So you may bypass this screen. If this is a RUSH order, type in:
- Account number (credit card #)
- Account type (credit, cash, etc.)
- Expiration Date
- Name on card
- Click Add Account button
Once you are registered you will see the ILLiad homepage.
Under the View tab you can view the following:
- Outstanding requests
- Electronically received articles
- Items checked out
- Requests that were canceled
- All requests
Once registered on ILLiad there are two ways of ordering material: manually through ILLiad or through PubMed using NYMC’s Article Linker button.
How to order articles from within PubMed:
- Once you are logged in from the HSL homepage using library barcode/password, click under Quick Links to search within PubMed.
- When you want to place an order for an article we do not have full text access to, go towards the top right hand side of the page under Full Text Links and click the NYMC Article Linker icon.
- You will then be linked to log into ILLiad (if not signed in already).
- Once logged in, the proper fields should automatically be filled in for the article requested via PubMed.
- Click the Submit Request button
How to manually order articles / books from ILLiad:
If you do not want to use PubMed to submit a request, you can manually place a request for an article or book.
On the left side of the page, select from the New Request field and select one of the following:
- Scan on Demand (article from our print collection and is free of charge)
- Article Photocopy (article that is not part of our collection)
- Book Chapter
For Articles, the following are required fields:
- Inclusive Pages
- Article Title
- Not wanted after date
For Books, the patron is required to fill in the following fields:
- Not wanted after date
Please type in N/A if unsure of parts of the required citation information.
Do not hesitate to contact Access Services at 914-594-4200 or email email@example.com with any ILLiad related questions!