Answered By: Victoria Messana Last Updated: Feb 07, 2020 Views: 3
When you add article URLs to your syllabi, you can do so as follows in order to link directly to the library:
EBSCO & the NYMC Access Button Links
If you find a resource using any of our EBSCO databases (see the list to the right) or using the NYMC Access button, you can copy and paste the URL of the resource directly into your learning management system (LMS).
For example, I looked up an article called "Christmas Candies as Foreign Bodies" in PubMed. When I right-clicked on the NYMC Article Linker button and selected "Copy link address" from the drop-down menu, I was taken to this link: https://imageserver.ebscohost.com/branding/s9001925/FullTextFinder.html?sid=Entrez:PubMed&id=pmid:29128040, which I can then copy and paste into LCMS+/Leo or Canvas.
- eBook Collection
- Health Policy Reference Center
- Health Business Elite
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
For non-EBSCO resources, you will need to add a prefix to your resource link.
- Add this string to your syllabi as plain text: https://widgets.ebscohost.com/prod/customlink/proxify/proxify.php?count=1&encode=1&proxy=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.openathens.net%2Fredirector%2Ftouro.edu%3Furl%3D
- Find the article/eBook/eBook chapter/etc. that you want via our library resources.
- Once you are on the page where the full-text is located, copy the URL and append it to the end of the string in step 1.
- Add a space or return key, and the document should register the whole string as a link.
For example, I found Chapter 2: Pathology of Skin Lesions from Fitzpatrick's Dermatology, 9e in our AccessMedicine database. When I clicked on the chapter, I was taken to this link: https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=2570§ionid=210415075. If I wanted to use this link in LCMS+/Leo or Canvas, I would need to append the OpenAthens prefix to the link, which would then become: https://widgets.ebscohost.com/prod/customlink/proxify/proxify.php?count=1&encode=1&proxy=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.openathens.net%2Fredirector%2Ftouro.edu%3Furl%3D&target=
Chat With Us
Have a question you need answered quickly? Librarians are available to live chat with you from 8AM-6PM M-Th and 8AM-5PM F.