Answered By: Jeanette Aprile Last Updated: Mar 24, 2022 Views: 5
When moving from one version of EndNote to another, you'll want to follow these steps:
- In your current version of EndNote, click on the File tab in the top menu bar.
- Select the "Compress Library (.enlx)..." option from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure the radio buttons "All references in Library:" and "With File Attachments" are selected.
- Click on the OK button.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Once your compressed library has downloaded, go to HSL's EndNote Desktop guide.
- Download and install the version of EndNote 20 appropriate for your computer.
- NOTE: Instructions for installation can be found on the guide and inside the .zip file you download.
- Once you're done installing and setting up your initial library in EndNote 20, click on the File tab in the top menu bar.
- Select the "Import..." option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Options button.
- Select "EndNote Library" from the “Import Options:” drop-down menu.
- Click the Import button.
- Once all of your references are imported into EndNote 20, it's recommended you uninstall any previous versions of EndNote on your machine.
Chat with Us
Have a question you need answered quickly?
Librarians are available to live chat with you from 8:30AM - 6:00PM M-Th and 8:30AM - 5:00PM F.
If you need additional assistance, you can also request a Zoom session.