Answered By: Matthew Mendelsohn Last Updated: Nov 03, 2023 Views: 1
Disaster Management Resources
Information to guide all health care and public health professionals to effectively respond and prepare for any emergency situations, either man-made or natural disasters.
- ASPR Regional Disaster Health Response Report - Programs and resources on Health care preparedness, response, and best practices.
- ASPR/TRACIE - Resource library with up-to-date disaster medical, healthcare system preparedness, and public health emergency preparedness materials. Topic collections with peer-reviewed fact sheets, technical briefs, articles, toolkits, webinars, and plans.
- Cambridge Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness - Journal containing articles and news on disaster medicine and public health preparedness.
- Climate Change and Human Health Literature Portal - A bibliographic database of global peer-reviewed research and grey literature on the science of climate impacts on human health.
- Converge Natural Hazards Center - Resources, data, and databases on disasters and disaster losses.
- Desinventar for Disaster Risk Reduction - Inventory and datasets of disasters and hazards across the world.
- Disaster Research Response (DR2) Resources Portal - A repository of resources curated by the DR2 Program to empower human health research in response to disasters and public health emergencies.
- EM-DAT The International Disaster Database - Inventory of disasters and hazards worldwide since 1988.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response- CDC - The Center for Disease Control and Prevention plans, resources, and training for emergency preparedness and response.
- Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP) - Journal containing articles and news on environmental health.
- FEMA Recovery and Resilience Resource Library - Federal database of disaster recovery resources and programs.
- Homeland Security Digital Library (HSDL) - Library of documents, reports, databases, and resources on various topics from the Department of Homeland Security, including emergency and disaster.
- IFRC - Disaster preparedness and risk management resources, programs, news, and word disaster report.
- National Technical Reports Library (NTRL) - The largest collection of government technical reports.
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) - Environmental Health Programs and Services.
- OpenFEMA DataSets - Datasets for disaster info, emergency management, hazard mitigation, individual assistance, and public assistance.
- Our World in Data - Data, tables, and charts on various topics such as health and disasters.
- Relief Web International - News and grey literature on disasters and emergencies worldwide.
Chat with Us
Have a question you need answered quickly?
Librarians are available to live chat with you from 8:30AM - 5:00PM M-Th and 8:30AM - 3:00PM F.
If you need additional assistance, you can also request a Zoom session.